Apple has introduced the new iOS 5, which is the operating system for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch at the WWDC. The new iOS 5 owns some interesting new features:
• The new Notification Center in iOS 5 will aggregate all notifications. Users can access to it by swiping down from the status bar at the top of the screen. Notifications will also be displayed on the lock screen along with weather and stock alerts.
• iOS 5 owns the new feature of “PC Free”, which allows users to activate new device and update iOS over the air. Also, iTunes library syncing will be possible wirelessly via Wi-Fi.
• Twitter will be integrated into iOS and users can convenient send photos, maps, and videos, etc. to Twitter.
• The new Mail application owns new features, such as rich text formatting and the ability to search the contents of messages
• Apple introduced a new app called News Stand, which allows users to access and download newspapers and magazines.
• Also, Apple introduced a new unified messaging service between iOS users called iMessage, which will allow iOS users to send text and multimedia messages over Wi-Fi and 3G.
• Game Center is updated with social function. Users can purchase new games within Game Center, play games together with friends and view material and scores of your friends.
• The Reading List, new feature of Mobile Safari, enables users save articles for later reading in the, which will be synced across multiple iOS devices for easy access.
• Camera will get a shortcut from the lock screen for quicker access. Also it supports optional grid lines for better framing and on-device editing like cropping and rotating plus red-eye reduction. Users can set the volume up button to trigger the shutter.
The iOS 5 will be available in the fall and will support the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3, iPod touch 4, iPad and iPad 2.
Tags: iOS 5