Now Samsung releases one of the thinnest and lightest Samsung Series 9 notebook.
This 13.3-inch notebook is carved out of aluminum, is super thin at 0.64 inches, weighs just less than 3 pounds (2.88 pounds) and has a great display (with 400 nit brightness). Obviously, this ultra-thin notebook takes precise aim at Apple’s MacBook Air line.
The 11.6-inch Series 9 is now listed as “in stock” at stores like Amazon with a price tag of $1,585.99.
A few Samsung Series 9 11.6-inch highlights:
- Weight/height: 2.3 pounds, 0.65 inches
- Materials: “arching duralumin” enclosure
- Processor: Intel Core i3-380UM, ultra-power-efficient Core i chip
- Storage: 64GB solid-state drive
- Memory: 2GB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0; WiMax 4G
- Ports: USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, MicroSD
- Battery life: specified at 7 hours
- Software: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Samsung’s Notebook Series 9 – a Formidable Rival of Apple MacBook Air
Overall, the Samsung Series 9 is a superb notebook. It has an excellent screen, a fast solid state drive and the ultra-low voltage Core i5 CPU. And it is definitely an arch rival of Apple MacBook Air.